19th Annual ASBMB Undergraduate Student Research Poster Competition
Recruit Your Future Graduate Students...Become a Graduate Program Exhibitor!
Each year, the ASBMB hosts an Undergraduate Poster Competition as part of its annual meeting.
Join us for a great opportunity to connect with a captive audience of undergraduate students; many of them are beginning their search for a graduate program.
Attendance over the past three years has included almost 200 undergraduate competitors, along with their faculty advisors and other student attendees.
Posters are judged by a panel of Undergraduate Faculty volunteers and cash prizes for research achievement are awarded on Sunday.
Graduate Program Exhibitor Registration is now full. If you would still like to register, please contact Andrea Anastasio at email@example.com.
- First person access to undergraduates with significant research interests and experience
- Pre-show participant demographics (number of participants, class year, post graduation goals)
- Post-show access to poster competitor mailing list
- Opportunity to develop relationships with undergraduate faculty advisors
- Institution's logo appears on the event website and in the print program
This year's exhibit fee is $300. The exhibit fee provides:
- One, 6-foot skirted table with two chairs alongside the poster competition floor
- Tables accommodate table top displays only, such as a tri-fold poster board, literature or other small items.
- Booth-style displays are not permitted.
- There is no electrical or high-speed internet access available. (Free wifi only available in the Boston Convention Center, connection not guaranteed)
- Exhibit tables must be staffed with a display throughout the entirety of the event from 1:00 PM to 4:30 PM.
- Exhibitors are welcome to visit with students either at their table or seek out students at their posters during the competition
- There will be a mid-point refreshment break for all participants, judges, and exhibitors.
- Experimental Biology Meeting registration is required to access the Convention Center and is separate from the poster competition exhibit fee.
- Organizations wishing to exhibit during the main Experimental Biology Meeting, on the show floor, should contact the EB Management Office.
EXHIBITOR SET UP
Graduate Program representatives may begin setting up at 12:00 PM, (Noon), one hour prior to the event start time.
Tables will be labeled with your institution’s name.
Display items must be contained within the limits of the table top surface.
SHIPPING MATERIAL TO/FROM THE POSTER COMPETITION
Shipping to the competition - Before March 1st:
Exhibitor materials received by the ASBMB office by March 1st will be delivered to the exhibitor’s assigned table.
Contact the ASBMB office for instructions before shipping any materials: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shipping to the competition - After March 1st:
Exhibit related material that does not arrive at the ASBMB office by March 1st, is the exhibitor’s responsibility.
You must ship materials to your representative's hotel to the guest's attention and hand carry materials to the competition location.
Related delivery fees are the exhibitor's responsibility.
Shipping from the competition
Return shipments are the exhibitor’s responsibility. Bring pre-printed Fed Ex shipping labels with account information to expedite your return shipment.
Fed Ex is located in Boston Convention Center as well as in the lobby of the Westin Hotel, connected to the Center.
All exhibitor material must be removed at the conclusion of the competition.
Material left in the poster competition area will be discarded.
Thank you to our 2014 Exhibitors:
- American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB)
- Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC)
- Stowers Institute for Medical Research
- University of Michigan - Program in Biomedical Sciences
- University of Minnesota - Biomedical Sciences Graduate Programs
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- Virginia Tech