Outstanding Student Chapter Award
Read all criteria prior to submitting an application.
Each year, a student chapter that demonstrates outstanding leadership and commitment to science education and promoting science literacy is recognized for its achievements. A single national winning chapter will be selected from the regional winners. Award will be presented to the winning chapter at the ASBMB Annual Meeting.
The National Award recipient will receive a $400 cash prize to support chapter activities and an $850 travel stipend for the faculty advisor. The regional award recipients will each receive a plaque acknowledging their accomplishments.
Application Deadline for this award ONLY: February 19.
The Outstanding Student Chapter Award recognizes chapters that:
- Demonstrate leadership in their educational activities in the areas of biochemistry and molecular biology
- Exhibit exceptional commitment to increasing public scientific awareness
- Demonstrate interaction with other campus activities and events
- Participate in regional and national meetings
- Show sustained chapter activity
- All ACTIVE ASBMB student chapters are eligible for this award.
- Applicant must successfully submit an application by the posted deadline. Applications for this award are submitted through the same online application system as all other ASBMB travel awards. See "Submission Instructions" link below.
- The application may be submitted on behalf of the chapter by either the chapter's faculty advisor or a student officer of the chapter.
- No abstract submission required for this award application only.
The following information is required to complete an application and can be typed or copied and pasted into the online application form. Each section has a 2,500 character count maximum. The system will automatically cut off excess characters.
- Briefly describe sponsored technical/educational events (chapter meetings, workshops, seminars on campus, poster sessions or mini-symposia) with dates, locations and attendance
- List of university and community outreach activities with dates, locations and attendance
- List of social activities with dates, locations and attendance
- Briefly describe noteworthy accomplishments by individual members (travel awards, placing in events, overcoming chapter constraints, meeting attendance and presentations)
HOW TO APPLY:
Read the Travel Award Instructions and follow the link at the end of the instructions page.