We are proud to announce the UAN Outreach Grant Program, a joint venture between the ASBMB Undergraduate Affiliates Network and Public Outreach Committee (POC) that will help individual UAN chapters increase their involvement in science outreach activities. Funding is available for individual chapters to apply for up to $500 in support of outreach activities in their local community. Successful applicants will also receive exclusive access to outreach expertise and resources from the POC and be featured on the ASBMB website and publications.
The goals of the grant program are to:
- Provide outlets for bringing science to the general public
- Encourage and enhance ASBMB member participation in outreach
- Encourage undergraduates to engage in science outreach
- Help initiate outreach programming in local communities
- Facilitate sustained partnerships between UAN chapters and local outreach organizations
- Establish a dedicated national network of outreach organizers and participants
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE JUNE 1, 2014
Only active UAN chapters are eligible to apply. Successful applicants will:
- Identify a legitimate need and intended target audience within the local community for the proposed activity
- Extensively detail evaluative metrics that will be used to assess the impact of the program
- Provide an itemized budget for proposed activities
While there is no one specific type of activity or program that can be supported by these grants, there are several examples of previous or ongoing activities that are appropriate:
Click here to apply!