The American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology’s Outreach Seed Grant Program is intended to help fund novel, innovative science outreach programs that require modest financial support in order to get up and running. Any ASBMB member is eligible to apply, and senior ASBMB members can sponsor junior scientists. Eligible programs will incorporate activities and topics that fit within the confines of the mission of ASBMB (“Promoting the understanding of the molecular nature of life processes”).
The goals of the grant program are to:
- Provide outlets for bringing science to the general public
- Encourage and enhance ASBMB member participation in outreach
- Help initiate outreach programming in local communities
- Facilitate sustained partnerships between ASBMB and local outreach organizations
- Establish a dedicated national network of outreach organizers and participants