ASBMB Member Benefits
- Publication Discounts: Regular ASBMB members who are corresponding authors receive reduced publication fees and FREE color in all ASBMB journals. Average savings are $350. More
- Free Individual Journal Subscriptions: ASBMB members receive free online subscriptions to the Journal of Biological Chemistry, the Journal of Lipid Research and the journal Molecular and Cellular Proteomics. Online journal access provides the most current research at your fingertips. More
- Free Subscription to ASBMB Today: ASBMB members receive a mailed copy of the monthly magazine. It includes feature stories about prominent and emerging scientists and about issues of concern to researchers; columns by ASBMB committee members and staff members; news items related to science policy and funding; and articles about what it’s like to teach and study science and to conduct research today. The magazine editor welcomes personal essays, editorials and story ideas. Email firstname.lastname@example.org. More
- ASBMB e-Newsletter: Keep up to date on ASBMB initiatives and activities with the monthly e-newsletter. Check your email the second week of each month.
- Reduced Rates on Non-ASBMB Journal Subscriptions: ASBMB members receive significant discounts on many scientific journals. Click here for a complete listing of non-ASBMB journals available to you. You can place an order when renewing your membership dues or at any time by contacting the membership office at email@example.com.
- Training: Annual grant-writing and mentoring workshop for early-career scientists and postodoctoral researchers. More
- Career Resources: Resources for career development, job and fellowship opportunities. More
- Member Directory: Search for potential colleagues and collaborators in our member directory. More
- Diversity in the Workforce: Travel Award opportunities for underrepresented minority graduate students and postdocs to attend the ASBMB Annual Meeting and participate in Professor Rounds (one-on-one career mentoring with established scientists).
- Career Symposia: ASBMB-sponsored career sessions for graduate students and postdoctoral fellows on campus. More
- Undergraduate Education: Online teaching resources and regional workshops for undergraduate faculty in biochemistry and molecular biology. More
- Awards and Honors: Undergraduate members of the society who are part of the Student Chapters program receive exclusive research and travel award opportunities as well as achievement recognition through the National BMB Honor Society. More
- Accreditation: ASBMB Accreditation of B.A. and B.S. programs/departments in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or related degrees. More
- Annual Meeting: ASBMB members receive discounted registration to the Experimental Biology conference and the ASBMB annual meeting. Depending on your membership level, you could receive up to 45% off. More
- Special Symposia Series: ASBMB members receive discounted registration to the ASBMB Special Symposia. With four to six meetings per year, this small-meetings program provides specific or under-represented scientific communities opportunities to present unique, cutting-edge science and to network. More
Public Policy Initiatives
- A Voice on Capitol Hill: Your public affairs team meets regularly with members of Congress and officials at funding agencies, such as the National Institutes of Health and the National Science Foundation, about issues of concern to ASBMB members. More
- ASBMB Local Advocacy Network: Become part of the ASBMB Local Advocates Network to take an active role in seeking government support and funding for fundamental and translational bioscience. Find out how to contact your congressional representative. More
Need More Information?
To learn more about ASBMB membership, contact our Membership Office at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 240-283-6604